Slow Cooking Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage and cayenne for about 5 minutes. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Drain; transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper. Pour spaghetti sauce on top. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 hours longer. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 241 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Slow Cooking Spaghetti Sauce
"again. what is with the jarred sauce?"
"I would not make this recipe at any time. The amount of sodium is almost a whole day's allotment"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.