Slow Cooking Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 3-1/2 cups Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage and cayenne for about 5 minutes. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Drain; transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper. Pour spaghetti sauce on top. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 hours longer. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 1,018 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.