- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown sausage and cayenne for about 5 minutes. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain; transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper. Pour spaghetti sauce on top. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 hours longer. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Slow Cooking Spaghetti Sauce
Sort By :
again. what is with the jarred sauce?
I would not make this recipe at any time. The amount of sodium is almost a whole day's allotment