- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quarts water
- 3 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, skin removed
- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Minced chives and crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the onions and garlic in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients; do not stir. Cook on high for 8-10 hours.
- Uncover and stir (the meat should fall off the bones). Remove bones. Stir to break up the meat. Spoon into bowls; top with cheese and sour cream if desired. Sprinkle with chives and red pepper flakes. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as White Chili in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p18
Reviews for Slow Cooker White Chili(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review