Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons 1% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the zucchini and a third of the cheese mixture.
- 2. Break noodles into 1-in. pieces; sprinkle half of the noodles over cheese mixture. Spread with 1 tablespoon sauce. Top with half of the spinach and half of the mushrooms. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cheese mixture and spaghetti sauce.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 249 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna
"I wish all of you had actually made this recipe and reviewed it instead of talking about "veggie" this and "vegan" that. I'd like to make it and I want to know if it's a good recipe."
"I can't believe some of the nit-picking over semantics involving a vegetarian vs. vegan fued. As a born-and-raised vegetarian (who goes strictly Macrobiotic every so often to purify my system), I've never been inclined to think my way is the ONLY way to eat. Moreover, some of you act like this is a dietary supremecy contest...dividing yourselves over an egg or freakin' cheese. This is America folks...where we have a bountiful supply of food...and the freedom to eat whatever we want...without being judged. Those of you doing the judging so pompously..take off the judges robe and step down from the bench with the rest of us. Now, lets all get back to why we are here...good food!"
"I don't have a slow cooker, please tell another way to cook this dish.Sara"
" I think you could easily use an egg substitute. I have been a vegetarian for over twenty years. I don't think the title of this recipe is misleading, though. Not sure about the vegan "egg" comment. It doesn't say "vegan" lasagna. It says "veggie". What I get upset about is when a recipe is listed in the "vegetarian" part of the cookbook and it includes chicken broth. Or anchovies. That is just wrong. This recipe sounds great! I will definitely give it a try. "
"Just use an egg substitute, if you don't want the egg."
"Really not "veggie" if you include an egg -- thinking it could be made without -- just me tho --"
"that looks and sounds tasty!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.