Slow Cooker Veggie Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons 1% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the zucchini and a third of the cheese mixture.
- 2. Break noodles into 1-in. pieces; sprinkle half of the noodles over cheese mixture. Spread with 1 tablespoon sauce. Top with half of the spinach and half of the mushrooms. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cheese mixture and spaghetti sauce.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece equals 249 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.