Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Add the mixed vegetables; cover and cook 2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
Very tasty nutritous meal that takes very little prep time. Great to put in the slow cooker on a cold morning, if you want to come home to a wonderful smelling dinner!
This was delicious, though I did modify a bit. I used 4c organic low sodium beef broth & put in more carrots & potatoes instead of mixed veggies, I used frozen spinach, corn, & cut bean, along with dried Kale powder. This increased the fiber & nutrient content & made a few additional servings. Stuck with the same seasonings though & it was a very good hearty soup. I will make it again.
One of our favorite winter meals!
I've been making this recipe for years and it's still my favorite vegetable soup recipe. Great flavor and it's so easy!
Yum! Made this for dinner this past weekend. My first time making a vegetable soup. My changes: I pre-cut the meat the night before and seasoned it with Tastefully Simple seasoning salt and garlic powder and I let it refrigerate overnight. I used fire roasted diced tomatoes and red potatoes. Lastly, I used 6 cups of low-sodium beef broth instead of the water/bouillon. I also (sort of) doubled the batch, so when I was done adding everything to my 6-Qt slow cooker, there was absolutely no room to add the frozen mixed veggies for the last hour. We honestly didn't miss it.The whole family (and a couple friends that were visiting) loved it! I will make it again. My Mom thinks adding diced rutabaga might add to the flavor as well.