- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours. Add the mixed vegetables; cover and cook 2 hours longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"Given that the first ingredient in this recipe is '1 pound beef top round steak', I find the title a little inaccurate."
"Very tasty nutritous meal that takes very little prep time. Great to put in the slow cooker on a cold morning, if you want to come home to a wonderful smelling dinner!"
"This was delicious, though I did modify a bit. I used 4c organic low sodium beef broth & put in more carrots & potatoes instead of mixed veggies, I used frozen spinach, corn, & cut bean, along with dried Kale powder. This increased the fiber & nutrient content & made a few additional servings. Stuck with the same seasonings though & it was a very good hearty soup. I will make it again."
"One of our favorite winter meals!"
"I've been making this recipe for years and it's still my favorite vegetable soup recipe. Great flavor and it's so easy!"