Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
What a treat to come home from work and have this savory soup ready to eat. It's a nice traditional beef soup with old-fashioned goodness.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 reduced-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and
- cook on high for 6 hours. Add vegetables; cover and cook on high 2
- hours longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield:
- 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 183 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.