Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 6 dried apricots or peaches, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown beef in oil over medium heat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, tomatoes, squash, corn, apricots, carrot, oregano, salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 278 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Stew
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.