Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 6 dried apricots or peach halves, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, brown beef in oil over medium heat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the broth, tomatoes, squash, corn, apricots, carrot, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into stew. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Stew
Sort By :
"I love the butternut squash and I used sliced peaches instead of the apricots."
"This is so good! Savory but at the same time just a little sweet--and I always add more apricots--and the squash is delicious. Great with some crusty bread."
"This is absolutely the BEST beef stew I have ever eaten! Easy to make and just a wonderful flavor. I will definitely make this again and again!!!"
"I found throw this recipe that I don`t like butternut squash, it was so soft and had little bit sour taste. We had difficult time to eat this stew."
"This was absolutely delicious- not only did it taste wonderful- it was beautiful too! I will make this again and again. Perfect for Fall!!! Instead of stew meat I used London Broil cut in small pieces."