What a treat to come home from work and have this savory soup ready to eat. It's a nice traditional beef soup with old-fashioned goodness.
- 1 pound beef top round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 reduced-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Add vegetables; cover and cook on high 2 hours longer or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p80
Reviews for Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review