- set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, 1/4 cup
- mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs and seasonings.
- Stuff into uncooked manicotti shells.
- Spread 2-1/4 cups sauce onto the bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Arrange five stuffed manicotti shells over sauce; repeat two times,
- using four shells on the top layer. Top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- or until pasta is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Bake option: Spread half of the sauce mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange stuffed manicotti shells in a single layer over sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until pasta is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Facts: 2 manicotti equals 657 calories, 33 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 1,609 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.