- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 2 jars (23-1/2 ounces each) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushroom mixture and spaghetti sauce; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs and seasonings. Stuff into uncooked manicotti shells.
- Spread 2-1/4 cups sauce onto the bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange five stuffed manicotti shells over sauce; repeat two times, using four shells on the top layer. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pasta is tender. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Two-Meat Manicotti
Sort By :
"I doubled this recipe and made in two pans. It got rave reviews from all families!! Great recipe when you need a meal to take or share. I would add oregano next time. We used a baggie with the corner cut out to squeeze filling into uncooked manicotti noodles and it works great!! Very filling and delicious!!!"