Slow Cooker Turkey with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (3 pounds each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Place turkey breasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup water and soup mix. Pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- 2. Transfer cooking juices to a large saucepan. Combine the cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Bring cranberry mixture to a boil; gradually stir in cornstarch mixture until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with cranberry sauce. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving equals 248 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 45 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer