Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
The chili sauce and ground turkey that are used to make these sloppy joes creates a deliciously unique flavor. The avocado adds a special touch to the sandwiches.—Nichole Jones, Pleasant Grove, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 onion rolls, split
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the chili sauce, jalapeno, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Serve on rolls topped with avocado. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 515 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,231 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC