Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
Try this wonderfully flavored, easy-fixing, tender, slow cooker entree when you're craving turkey. —Maria Juco, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Brush turkey with oil. Combine the garlic, seasoned salt, paprika,
- Italian seasoning and pepper; rub over turkey. Transfer to a 6-qt.
- slow cooker; add water. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until
- tender. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey equals 174 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer