- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles (about 6 ounces)
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, sweet pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cream and noodles. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tuna, lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper.
- Remove insert from slow cooker. Stir cheese, tuna mixture and peas into noodle mixture. Let stand, uncovered, 20 minutes. Just before serving, sprinkle with potato chips. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review