Slow Cooker Tropical Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 jars (23-1/2 ounces each) mixed tropical fruit, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Add pork, arranging chops to sit snugly in fruit mixture. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until meat is tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- 2. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. To serve, remove pork chops from slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, serve fruit over pork. Sprinkle with herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without crystallized ginger) equals 572 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 91 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.