- 2 jars (23-1/2 ounces each) mixed tropical fruit, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Add pork, arranging chops to sit snugly in fruit mixture. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until meat is tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. To serve, remove pork chops from slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, serve fruit over pork. Sprinkle with herb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Tropical Pork Chops
Sort By :
"I thought the pork was a little dry but my husband loved the flavors!! And this was so easy to put together."
"I liked this recipe. It's a surprising blend of fruit that works with the pork. The added herb mixture that you sprinkle on at the end, adds another layer of flavor."
"This recipe was ok, pork was a little dry for my liking. The topping was delicious. Might be good on chicken as well. I doubled the sauce for the chops since my slow cooker and pork chops were larger than in the recipe. Not sure it's worth the effort."