Slow Cooker Swiss Steak Supper Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Rub with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides; drain.
- 2. Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. Combine tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 402 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Swiss Steak Supper
"My husband & I just had this for dinner. Turned out just fine!!!! Delish...."
"This was incredibly easy to throw in the crockpot before work. Plus, all five of our kids loved it! Definitely a keeper!"
"Terrible flavor...I have 2 or 3 recipes for swiss steak that are so much better!"
"This Steak/ Roast was Excellent Instead of steak i used roast cooked in oven for 3 1/2 hours very easy"
"This became a favorite the first time I made it."
"All you need is a green salad, corn muffins and this tummy-lovin dish. Heaven."
"Next time I will cook this for 7-8 hours. I wonder if this was a misprint because my potatoes were undercooked and the meat was a bit tough after 6 hours. Flavor was very good though, so I will try again."
"ABSOLUTLEY LOVED!!!! I have very picky eaters and they loved it!!!!! REPEAT RECIPE!"
"This is a new family favorite. My 10 year old son would eat this everyday if I made it!"
"This is a fantastic recipe. Both my husband and I enjoyed it after a long day at work. It had so much flavor, and the meat was unbelievably tender."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.