Slow Cooker Swiss Steak Supper Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Rub with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides; drain.
- 2. Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. Combine tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 402 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Swiss Steak Supper
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.