- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style beef gravy
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Rub with seasoned salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides; drain.
- Cut each potato into eight wedges. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots, beef and onion. Combine tomatoes and gravy; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Swiss Steak Supper
Sort By :
"My husband & I just had this for dinner. Turned out just fine!!!! Delish...."
"This was incredibly easy to throw in the crockpot before work. Plus, all five of our kids loved it! Definitely a keeper!"
"Terrible flavor...I have 2 or 3 recipes for swiss steak that are so much better!"
"This Steak/ Roast was Excellent Instead of steak i used roast cooked in oven for 3 1/2 hours very easy"
"This became a favorite the first time I made it."