My family asks for these saucy meatballs all year long. I like to make them with ground beef in the winter and ground turkey in the spring.—Rachelle Stratton, Rock Springs, Wyoming
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt-free garlic herb seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider or white vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In large bowl, combine tomato sauce, broth, chili sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Transfer meatballs to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until meatballs are cooked through. To serve, sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p80
Reviews for Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review