A neighbor shared the recipe for this wonderful fruit sauce with me. It's a great way to use up a bumper crop of rhubarb. We like it over ice cream, pancakes and even fresh, hot biscuits. —Nancy Cowlishaw, Boise, Idaho
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place the rhubarb, sugar, juice, cinnamon sticks, orange peel and ginger in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rhubarb is tender.
- Stir in strawberries; cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard cinnamon sticks. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p94
Reviews for Slow Cooker Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review