Slow Cooker Steak 'n' Gravy
Slow cooking in a zesty tomato sauce for hours helps the round steak become nice and tender. This nicely spiced steak with gravy makes a satisfying meal served over rice or mashed potatoes.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Cut beef into 1-in cubes; brown in oil in a skillet. Transfer to a
- 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover with water; add tomato sauce and
- seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4
- hours, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water; stir into liquid in
- slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until gravy
- is thickened. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 recipe equals 361 calories, 16 g fat (0 saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,