Slow Cooker Steak 'n' Gravy Recipe
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1. Cut beef into 1-in cubes; brown in oil in a skillet. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover with water; add tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 361 calories, 16g fat (0g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Steak 'n' Gravy
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.