Slow Cooker Steak 'n' Gravy Recipe
Slow cooking in a zesty tomato sauce for hours helps the round steak become nice and tender. This nicely spiced steak with gravy makes a satisfying meal served over rice or mashed potatoes.
- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Cut beef into 1-in cubes; brown in oil in a skillet. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover with water; add tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Steak 'n' Gravy in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p110
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Steak 'n' Gravy(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Gravy Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >