- 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup julienned or chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until peas are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Sort By :
Made this soup on this cold night; used leftover holiday spiral ham and we loved it. Nice touch with the rosemary; I used 1-3/4 cups of water and 1/4 cup white wine. Thank you for this great recipe. Will be making this recipe again!
This soup was easy and fantastic! My husband, who is a split pea fanatic said it was the best split pea soup he has ever had. I did add two potatoes cubed. Very hearty! Will definitely make again!
Absolutely loved it. Very tasty!
Tasty and easy to make! I've made this twice now and intend to make it again and again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Ham Soup >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pea Soup >
- Pea Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Bean Soup >
- Slow Cooker Pea Soup >