- 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup julienned or chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until peas are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Sort By :
"This soup was delicious and so easy to make. I highly recommend it!"
"Made this soup on this cold night; used leftover holiday spiral ham and we loved it. Nice touch with the rosemary; I used 1-3/4 cups of water and 1/4 cup white wine. Thank you for this great recipe. Will be making this recipe again!"
"This soup was easy and fantastic! My husband, who is a split pea fanatic said it was the best split pea soup he has ever had. I did add two potatoes cubed. Very hearty! Will definitely make again!"
"Absolutely loved it. Very tasty!"