Slow Cooker Spicy Pork Chili Recipe
Slow-cooked boneless pork makes a tasty chili.
- 2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Transfer pork and drippings to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, beans, onion, broth, chilies, chili powder, garlic, salt, cayenne and pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until pork is tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-3/4 cups chili (calculated without cheese) equals 400 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Spicy Pork Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC