- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup of salsa. Top with chicken and remaining salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
"This is a complet meal, easy and healthy I love it!!! I like with white rice."
"Really good considering how easy and healthy it is, everyone in my family liked it. I added 3 cups of cooked rice when it was about ready and added some taco seasoning too."
"This was a GREAT recipe and the best part is that it is SO EASY!!! Family loved it! I used 1 can corn & 1 can Mexicorn and added some garlic powder, taco seasoning & chili powder. And I too made Spanish rice to go with it. But I topped this on the Spanish Rice (I used Rice-A-Roni's Spanish rice). I think I will add this to my quick fix recipes...! :)"
"This was so easy and smelled so good when I came home from work. I only fixed Mex. rice and dinner was served. Everyone said this was one to repeat."
"Have made this dish several times, so easy and full of flavor."