Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Recipe
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup of salsa. Top with chicken; pour the remaining salsa over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken(13)
Sort By :
Have made this dish several times, so easy and full of flavor.
So good and easy!
We love this dish. I make it almost every week. We serve it with Spanish rice or in tortillas. Very flavorful, quick, & easy.
I have made this recipe several times, and it's a favorite in our house. I add some spices to the top of chicken before topping with salsa. I add garlic salt, rosemary, cayenne and chili powder. ( I didn't always do it, and it was great before too, but just a little extra kick). Anyways, I love it!!!
So easy to make, my husband & kids loved it. I made Spanish rice on the side to go with it & used flour tortillas to wrap it all up in. This one is a favorite and have made it a few times. So easy to throw in the crock pot in the morning & have dinner ready after work.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >