This is the perfect recipe to make when you're short on time because the slow cooker does most of the work for you!—Harold Tartar, West Palm Beach, Florida
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Southwestern Chicken Soup in Comfort Food Diet bookazine 2010
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review