Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup Recipe
This is the perfect recipe to make when you're short on time because the slow cooker does most of the work for you!—Harold Tartar, West Palm Beach, Florida
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 143 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC