Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until lightly browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 143 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.