- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup of salsa. Top with chicken; pour the remaining salsa over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
Sort By :
"Really good considering how easy and healthy it is, everyone in my family liked it. I added 3 cups of cooked rice when it was about ready and added some taco seasoning too."
"This was a GREAT recipe and the best part is that it is SO EASY!!! Family loved it! I used 1 can corn & 1 can Mexicorn and added some garlic powder, taco seasoning & chili powder. And I too made Spanish rice to go with it. But I topped this on the Spanish Rice (I used Rice-A-Roni's Spanish rice). I think I will add this to my quick fix recipes...! :)"
"This was so easy and smelled so good when I came home from work. I only fixed Mex. rice and dinner was served. Everyone said this was one to repeat."
"Have made this dish several times, so easy and full of flavor."
"So good and easy!"