Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Recipe
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup of salsa. Top with chicken; pour the remaining salsa over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken(14)
Sort By :
This was so easy and smelled so good when I came home from work. I only fixed Mex. rice and dinner was served. Everyone said this was one to repeat.
Have made this dish several times, so easy and full of flavor.
So good and easy!
We love this dish. I make it almost every week. We serve it with Spanish rice or in tortillas. Very flavorful, quick, & easy.
I have made this recipe several times, and it's a favorite in our house. I add some spices to the top of chicken before topping with salsa. I add garlic salt, rosemary, cayenne and chili powder. ( I didn't always do it, and it was great before too, but just a little extra kick). Anyways, I love it!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >