- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup of salsa. Top with chicken and remaining salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
"This is a complet meal, easy and healthy I love it!!! I like with white rice."
"Really good considering how easy and healthy it is, everyone in my family liked it. I added 3 cups of cooked rice when it was about ready and added some taco seasoning too."
"This was a GREAT recipe and the best part is that it is SO EASY!!! Family loved it! I used 1 can corn & 1 can Mexicorn and added some garlic powder, taco seasoning & chili powder. And I too made Spanish rice to go with it. But I topped this on the Spanish Rice (I used Rice-A-Roni's Spanish rice). I think I will add this to my quick fix recipes...! :)"
"This was so easy and smelled so good when I came home from work. I only fixed Mex. rice and dinner was served. Everyone said this was one to repeat."
"Have made this dish several times, so easy and full of flavor."
"So good and easy!"
"We love this dish. I make it almost every week. We serve it with Spanish rice or in tortillas. Very flavorful, quick, & easy."
"I have made this recipe several times, and it's a favorite in our house. I add some spices to the top of chicken before topping with salsa. I add garlic salt, rosemary, cayenne and chili powder. ( I didn't always do it, and it was great before too, but just a little extra kick). Anyways, I love it!!!"
"So easy to make, my husband & kids loved it. I made Spanish rice on the side to go with it & used flour tortillas to wrap it all up in. This one is a favorite and have made it a few times. So easy to throw in the crock pot in the morning & have dinner ready after work."
"My family and I LOVE this recipe. The other night, I didn't have time to thaw the chicken in time to get it into the crock pot for 6 hours. I put the ingredients into my electric skillet, and it worked wonderfully: very tender and flavorful either way I've prepared it!"