Our ladies group at church has a soup and sandwich supper, and before I went to work that morning, I prepared this soup in my slow cooker. It was ready when I got home. It was such a big hit, many asked for the recipe!—Anita Roberson, Williamston, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, black beans, broth, tomatoes, garlic powder and seasoning blend. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in rice; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Southwest Beef Stew in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p30
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwest Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review