“On hot summer days, this cooks without heating up the kitchen, while I work on the rest of the meal," explains Carol Losier from Baldwinsville, New York. "It's easy to double or triple for crowds, and if there are any leftovers- you can freeze it to enjoy later!”
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef, celery and onion over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through and flavors are blended. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p42
Reviews for Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2014
"This was very easy to make but I did not like the strong taste of the chili sauce"
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2014
"Pretty good, my kids loved it, but I thought it was missing something....not sure what though."
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2013
"really good and very easy"