Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe
“On hot summer days, this cooks without heating up the kitchen, while I work on the rest of the meal," explains Carol Losier from Baldwinsville, New York. "It's easy to double or triple for crowds, and if there are any leftovers- you can freeze it to enjoy later!”
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and flavors are blended. Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p42
Reviews for Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2014
"Pretty good, my kids loved it, but I thought it was missing something....not sure what though."
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2013
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2013
"really good and very easy"
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2012
"My husband like this, I didn't."