Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe
“On hot summer days, this cooks without heating up the kitchen, while I work on the rest of the meal," explains Carol Losier from Baldwinsville, New York. "It's easy to double or triple for crowds, and if there are any leftovers- you can freeze it to enjoy later!”
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, celery and onion over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Stir in chili sauce, brown sugar, pickle relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through and flavors are blended. Spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich equals 324 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,313 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC