Slow Cooker Shredded Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 to 3 pounds each)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 24 French rolls, split
- 1. Place turkey in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the beer, butter and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Shred meat and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 24 servings.
1 each: 294 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Slow Cooker Shredded Turkey Sandwiches
"I used a spicy beer (jalapeno beer) and it was great!"
"I made it for a football game, so easy and everyone loved it. I'm not a big fan of Turkey but I thought it was good also. I used light beer. I used a 6 pound Jenny OTurkey breast. It was done in about 7 hours the first two hours on high. I also did turn the breast over a few times. I can't just leave my slow cooker alone when I'm home. LOL."