Slow Cooker Shredded Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 to 3 pounds each)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 24 French rolls, split
- 1. Place turkey in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the beer, butter and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Shred meat and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 24 servings.
1 sandwich equals 294 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.