Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Recipe
"Our family loves these tasty shredded beef sandwiches with their mild barbecue flavor," writes Fran Frerichs from Gurley, Nebraska. The recipe makes a lot, so it's a nice choice for parties.
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 14 to 16 sandwich buns, split
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, green peppers and onions. In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on high for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef, using two forks. With a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture on each bun. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 285 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC