Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Recipe
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 14 to 16 sandwich buns, split
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, green peppers and onions. In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, salt, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on high for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred beef, using two forks. With a slotted spoon, place about 1/2 cup beef mixture on each bun. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Shredded Beef(6)
Sort By :
Very good idea...we were a little short on time and ingredients so we decided to use bottled barbecue sauce...it was still very good though!
My husband I love the taste of the shredded beef. I will be making this often. Thanks Idell
I am going to try this with a good cut of deer meat.
BTW, stew meat is $3.29/lb here- I used a lean chuck roast for $2.49 that I cut out the fat and gristle out of- only took 15 minutes. I "paid" myself at the rate of $9.60/hr (I saved myself $2.40 for 15 minutes worth of work).
More Recipe Collections
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >