Slow Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken Recipe
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds)
- 1 pound carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Carefully loosen skin from chicken breast; rub 1 tablespoon spice mixture under the skin. Rub remaining spice mixture over chicken. In another bowl, toss carrots and onions with cornstarch; transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place chicken on vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 402 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 39g protein .
Reviews for Slow Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken
"This is a flavorless rub. It simply doesn't permeate the meat. Rotisserie chickens are brined in a salt water solution prior to cooking. I don't believe there is a way to avoid that step and still expect deeply flavorful results. This recipe just doesn't deliver. The delight of rotisserie chicken is you can taste the seasonings with every bite. Other recipes suggest removing the chicken skin entirely before slow cooking, and that might help somewhat"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.