You wouldn't believe this golden brown chicken was made in the slow cooker. Packed with flavor, the meat is moist, the carrots are tender and the juices would make a nice gravy.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (4 pounds)
- 1 pound carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Carefully loosen skin from chicken breast; rub 1 tablespoon spice mixture under the skin. Rub remaining spice mixture over chicken. In another bowl, toss carrots and onions with cornstarch; transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place chicken on vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Rotisserie-Style Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review