Slow Cooker Ribs
These simple-to-prepare ribs call for everyday ingredients. So I never complain when my family asks me to make them. Everyone enjoys their down-home goodness.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + cooling Cook: 4 hours
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups sliced onions
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- Place ribs, meat side up, on a broiling pan. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until
- browned. Cool; cut into serving-size pieces.
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs. Pour barbecue
- sauce over all. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour; reduce heat to
- low and cook 3-4 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 743 calories, 50 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 1,483 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein.