Slow Cooker Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce Recipe
We recently started growing our own rhubarb, and we live in a part of Oregon where strawberries are plentiful. I created this to drizzle over ice cream and filled a crisp with the rest. —Kim Banick, Salem, Oregon
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed (about 10 stalks)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (about 1-1/4 pounds), halved
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until rhubarb is tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into sauce. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 5 cups.
1/2 cup sauce (calculated without ice cream): 188 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC