We recently started growing our own rhubarb, and we live in a part of Oregon where strawberries are plentiful. I created this to drizzle over ice cream and filled a crisp with the rest. —Kim Banick, Salem, Oregon
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed (about 10 stalks)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (about 1-1/4 pounds), halved
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until rhubarb is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into sauce. Cook, covered, on low 30 minutes longer or until thickened. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Slow Cooker Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review