- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) deli corned beef, chopped
- 3 tablespoons prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
- Snack rye bread or crackers
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheeses are melted; stir to blend. Serve warm with bread or crackers. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Reuben Spread
Sort By :
"Turned out great but make sure you keep the crock pot plugged in..when it starts to cool, it's not so appetizing looking."
"We love Reuben sandwiches, and therefor this spread! Before Christmas, I found some rye Triscuits to serve with it. Very good!"
"My sister sent this recipe to me last year, and now I sent it to some close friends to enjoy also. I've made it at least adozen time, this year alone. bottom line? "OUTSTANDING"!"
"I made this recipe as written for the first time and servd t at a family gathering. I made it again for a church function and had many call me for the recipe. I have since adapted this recipe. I didn't rinse the sauerkraut entirely. I also chopped it after squeezing it dry & then putting back into the liquid. I substituted a Hungarian spicy sausage, or a chorizo, or Kielbasi for the deli corned beef. I have a variety of pans and cookers to choice from. I tried it with then slow cooker and with a dutch oven on the grill or stove top. dependingn the meat I add, i may substitue different cheeses or add cheese with a little zing or tang to the swiss cheese. Goat chees can be substituted for the cream cheese or added to the mixture in palce of swiss cheese depending on one's taste. I serve it in a variety of ways, ina slow cooker, in the dutch oven and keep it warm in the fire place or on the grill.I have tried a bread bowl made from Peasant bread, Jewish rye bread as well as Pumpernickel bread. This is really "peasant food" and would be great on any occassion."
"Made it for the first time for a work lunch and everyone who loves Reubens loved this spread!"