Slow Cooker Red Potatoes Recipe
In Holley, New York, Elaine Ryan puts her slow cooker to work to fix these saucy spuds. The side dish features cubed red potatoes that are cooked in a creamy coating until tender. Be sure to stir the mixture before serving to help the sauce thicken.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 7 cups cubed uncooked red potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Paprika and minced chives, optional
- 1. Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a blender, puree cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the process cheese, onion, garlic and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir well before serving. Garnish with paprika and chives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 179 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC