In Holley, New York, Elaine Ryan puts her slow cooker to work to fix these saucy spuds. The side dish features cubed red potatoes that are cooked in a creamy coating until tender. Be sure to stir the mixture before serving to help the sauce thicken.
- 7 cups cubed uncooked red potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Paprika and minced chives, optional
- Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a blender, puree cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the process cheese, onion, garlic and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir well before serving. Garnish with paprika and chives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Red Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p52
Reviews for Slow Cooker Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review