Slow Cooker Red Potatoes Recipe
- 7 cups cubed uncooked red potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Paprika and minced chives, optional
- Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a blender, puree cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the process cheese, onion, garlic and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir well before serving. Garnish with paprika and chives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Red Potatoes
Sort By :
These potatoes were good, but I had to cook them for a lot longer than 5-6 hours....it took eight hours before they were tender enough to eat. I'll make them again, but it seems like something else needs to be added to them - maybe a little butter and water, as they were pretty sticky and fairly dry by the time we ate them. Maybe par-boiling the potatoes before cooking them would help. They did stick to the slow cooker, even though I sprayed it with cooking spray before adding all the ingredients. The flavor was very good though, and basically I think it's a good recipe.
They were HORRIBLE tasting. I dont know what I am upset more. The fact I wasted all those ingredients or that it will take me 3 days to scrub my crockpot
I used baking potatoes, that was all I had, but it was so good.. I will make again often, ha ha..
The first time I made this I made a double batch for a food day at work thinking I could use the left overs to go with dinner. There wasn't any leftovers from my 12 coworkers.