Slow Cooker Red Beans & Sausage Recipe
- 1 pound dried red beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Rinse and sort beans; soak according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown sausage. Remove with a slotted spoon. Add onion, green pepper and celery to skillet; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine beans, sausage, vegetables and seasonings. Stir in broth. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until beans are tender.
- Remove 2 cups of the bean mixture to a bowl. Mash gently with a potato masher. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Red Beans & Sausage
Sort By :
This is so amazing! I loved the flavor and the ease of this dish. I couldn't find andoille sausage at the store so I used premade chicken meatballs. Also, I didn't brown or saute anything. I just through everything in the pot. Absolutely delisious! I served this over white rice and it makes about 6 servings.
I made this yesterday. Very tasty and spicy! I would try 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning if you don't like a lot of spice. The recipe makes a good amount; great for a family.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Andouille >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Red Beans and Rice >
- Rice Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cajun Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Rice Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Slow Cooker Recipes >