- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, onions, green and yellow peppers, olives, tomato paste, basil, garlic, pepper and remaining salt. Drizzle with oil. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Ratatouille
"I loved it! Easy to make and definitely will be added to my recipe box for those cold winter nights. Hubby loved it but thinks pasta needs to be added to it for substance. Highly recommend this recipe!"
"This was just okay for me and the family. I love eggplant but not prepared this way."
"This recipe was super easy and delicious! My whole family enjoyed it. It will be a staple in our home from now on. None of has ever had ratatouille before and I'm so glad I decided to make it. It smells wonderful cooking and cooks up beautifully. I ended up cooking mine on high for a couple hours and then on low until dinner. This is such a lovely and healthy meal. Thank you to Jolene for sharing! :)"
"So excited to try this recipe when I found it. Just was waiting for the summer produce to come on! Unfortunately, after investing in farm fresh produce at a local farm, my husband & I were terribly disappointed. I would have a lot rather used my fresh produce in other yummy summer recipes than emptying them down the disposal. Granted, it smelled delicious while cooking, which took about an extra hour to be done."
"This was so easy to make. I was a little leary about the black olives but they complimented the dish. I used this as a side dish, but with the leftovers I reheated and put over cooked pasta noodles. This is a great dish, very flavourful, colourful and light. I will definitely make this again and again."