—Jolene Walters, North Miami, Florida
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, onions, green and yellow peppers, olives, tomato paste, basil, garlic, pepper and remaining salt. Drizzle with oil. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ratatouille in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p83
Reviews for Slow Cooker Ratatouille
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review